Thursday 31 January 2008

Hung over with not much to say. Don't waste your time reading this one.

I gotta stop leaving these posts until so late in the day. I keep doing these at around 11:30 or midnight, but coz I put off doing it until the evening I'm starting to miss doing it sometimes coz I end up going out and getting drunk, like last night.

Last night was one of those nights where I got really drunk and done some stuff I should be regretting, though for the first time in a long time, I don't regret what I did. Unfortunately for anyone reading this you're not gonna find out what happened coz I'm not gonna say. And no, I didn't have sex with someone I shouldn't. Unfortunately for me it wasn't a sexually related incident, not that I would ever have any cause to regret doing something like that anyway.

No.... I'm not telling.... Now lets move off this.

Not suprisingly I had one heck of a hangover this morning. I felt like I was actually dying. I am such a wimp when it comes to hangovers. I really do suffer badly. I think I've talked about that before in one of these posts anyway. So because of the hangover I've not done much today except complain, and I don't really have much else to talk about in this blog.

For any film enthusiasts who have seen the film Night Watch, i watched the sequel yesterday; Day Watch (can you guess what the next film is gonna be called?... close, they're calling it Dusk Watch). I have to say it was a terrible film. I didn't think Night Watch was that bad, I liked the ideas in the film and it had some great moments, but generally the all round execution of the story was quite poor. It suffered from a below par script, and was much more concerned with looking like a good sci-fi movie, rather than actually being a good sci-fi movie. Day Watch had exactly the same problem, except you have to times them by about a hundred.

The film was a complete mess. I'm not even sure I could describe the plot effectively so I'm not gonna bother (if you haven't seen the first film and know nothing about these films then you might as well stop reading this post now- if you haven't already).

The film had a half decent set up, and to begin with I thought it seemed quite promising, but it appears that the larger budget and the better special effects open to them went to the film makers head as they just went overboard with the visuals. The story progressively became more confusing and there were far too many characters for the film to have them develop properly. The character at the centre of the story, Anton, is supposed to be in a big love affair with one character, while also trying to reconnect with his wayward son, but neither of these plots are developed anyway near enough to make what happens in the last act of the film as effective as it wants to be.

Enough of that. I could be here all day ranting about that film but I got dinner on. Garlic chicken kievs, hmmmmmmm.

1 comment: