Sunday 27 January 2008

A quickie before bed

It's about 20 mins past midnight so I guess technically it means I've missed today's (yesterdays) blog, but for me it's not tomorrow until I've woken up after 2 or 3 hours sleep and it's light outside. Actually I almost forgot about doing the blog today until about 5 mins ago when I started thinking about getting an early night.

Typing this is a bit difficult at the moment as my hands are really cold for some reason so my fingers aren't working properly. I keep accidently hitting the wrong keys and retype everything as I go. It'l be okay in a moment though coz I've just turned the heater on and warming my hands up on it.

I'm having problems with my ipod at the moment. It was originally synced up to a computer back at home and I haven't been able to connect it to my computer here because the ipod was a hand me down and the person who gave it me didn't have a spare usb lead. But I got hold of one recently so I've been going through the annoying process of extracting all my albums off the ipod (coz I left the albums at home) then putting them on itunes and resyncing my ipod to this computers itunes.

Apple really like to make it nice and easy for people to move their music around don't they? To get to the music in my ipod I would have to go into the processes running on my computer to make sure that none of the itunes processes were running and then connect the ipod to my computer and quickly select the device in the brief window of time that it appears and drag the music out of the ipod (before you do this you have to make sure that Windows is allowing hidden files and folders to appear otherwise you just won't see them.)

Then in the long time you're waiting for the music to be copied over you have to hope that itunes doesn't decide to start up as it interrupts the whole thing and you have to start again. What makes this even more difficult for me on my pc is that the usb ports are apparently the shittier old ones, and so they have a tendancy to just disconnect my ipod then reconnect it over and over. But I finally managed to get through all that and I'm now on the second go of trying to sync my ipod to this pc.

As I type this it's about halfway through. The last time it got interrupted because my ipod had run out of battery. But am I right in thinking that the ipod should be able to recharge while it was connected to my computer? Coz this one isn't. Fortunately I can recharge it with the speakers that I got with it.

I'm not complaining really. The ipod I have is one of the much earlier ones and probably on its last legs, hence the fact that the person who gave it to me, gave me the ipod because he bought a new one for himself. If he hadn't of gave me his old one it would probably be a long time before I would be able to afford to buy myself a new one. As long as it keeps letting me play music I'm happy.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a week. Give a man an iPod and he'll have nothing but complaints.