Monday 21 January 2008

A sick joke

Okay, first off, I know it seems like I missed Sunday's blog, but no. I didn't miss it, I just chose not to publish it. Something happened on Sunday that I needed to write about, but it involved a personal matter between me and someone else so publishing it wouldn't be right as it included that other person too. It would have been like airing dirty laundry, and i didn't want to do that. But i did write it, so I didn't break my own rules about posting a blog everyday (although I have actually done that twice so far, but stuff like that will happen from time to time).

This blog is being written pretty late actually. In some ways i have actually broken the rules seeing as it's almost quarter four and technically Tuesday, but it's my blog and i can break the rules if i wanna.

I also have to warn you that I'm a little intoxicated right now. So if my grammar is worse than usual, or if typos are abundant, i'll blame it on the alcohol. I'll try and keep this brief as I wanna go to bed, and I'm having a hard time focusing my thoughts.

I watched that film Knocked up the other night, and while watching the extras I got an excellent idea for a prank I'd like to play on someone. I tried to find a photo that would better help show the idea for my prank, but I guess I'll just have to try and explain it.

In the extras they have an outtake that show the "birthing" scene. In it the doctor holds up a plastic new born baby replica all covered in red goop with its umbilical chord still attached. The replica could be convincing for maybe a second but that should be all I need. If i could get my own model of that replica new born baby doll, i thought how funny it would be to wake up one of my housemates in the middle of the night holding the prosthetic new born baby in my arms from the bottom of the bed as if they had just given birth...

Actually, now, as i type this, the joke sounds pretty sick and twisted. But i think, still pretty funny.

You may not think that it could work, but when people are woken up suddenly they are pretty open to suggestion. Years ago I woke my brother up in the middle of the night and jumped up and down enthusiastically exclaming "it's christmas morning, it's christmas! Get up and open your presents!". I think he was about four or five, but he believed me and got out of bed and walked into the living room. My mum was still up and when he asked her if it was christmas morning she shouted at him and told him to go back to bed.

Yes I was mean, but it was still pretty funny.

No comments: