Monday 18 February 2008

A quick blog before uni

I'm leaving the house to go to uni in about 30 mins coz I've got library books to return and a writers circle meeting to oversee. If I put of writing in my blog until after there's a chance it might not get done. After last weeks meeting I went out for a few drinks, got drunk, and failed to write my blog. I'm avoiding do the same today.

Because I only thought of writing this just now I haven't really given myself a chance to think of what I could write about, so this could be pretty brief and unfocused. I suppose I could try and talk about what I have done today but i'm not really sure what i've done. I've had one of those days where I haven't seemed to have done that much yet I couldn't tell you what it is that I haven't been doing.

Actually, the last few hours I've done stuff. Like having a shower, got some shopping, and I've worked on my feature script a little bit. I'm pretty certain where I'm generally going with it now and have finally made some choices so it's not in the strange king of literary quantum state it was in before. The possibilities have been narrowed down and it's got a sense of direction. The sooner I can get to actually writing the thing the better.

I was hoping to have something to bring with me to my meeting tonight, but my feature idea isn't in a fit state to be read out. Maybe I'll talk about it with the group like I did last week with a boxing feature film idea my housemate and had came up with. It all depends how I feel in the meeting I suppose.

Hmmm... I'm just looking around my room at the moment thinking that it is in need of a good tidy. I've often heard it said that the state of your bed room or working space reflects the state of your own mind and right now I'm inclined to believe that. It is time for some organisation. With the twenty minutes I've got left before I need to go to uni i'm going to get a little tidying done.

Fare thee well.

No comments: