Thursday 27 March 2008

Leisurely pursuits

And what has today had to offer? I'm not sure really - not much. Played Mario Kart with my housemates for the first time in what has seemed like months, but was probably on a few weeks. Coz everyone has been so busy with their dissertation, leisurely pursuits like that had been forgotten about. But the transition back into a hedonistic lifestyle has always been an easy. The real dilemma is in getting out of it.

I have to say I've enjoyed myself the past week since I've deferred finishing my degree until next year, but I never wanted to talk about it until now because I didn't want to depress or turn against me the friends of mine who might be reading it and were still slogging their guts away on their dissertation. That's not to say I've sat around doing nothing, or watching TV all day. Far from it. For most of this week I've been more productive than I have been in months. I've devoted my time to three different writing projects, started reading one of the many books that I've been wanting to read for ages, and I've discovered a new interest in poetry (that is reading it, not writing - at least not yet).

So tonight is the night of the monthly scriptwriters meal. I can't seeing it live up to the drama of the last meal (which can be read about here if you haven't read it all ready) - mainly because Richard Berger won't be there for people to fight over - But i'm hopeful it will give me something to write about tomorrow.

Just one more thing before I go, I know I've put a link to it once already but in case you haven't checked it out here is a link to my online scrap book http://darkhorsedan.tumblr.com/

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Organising poker at a kids party. Do it.